Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comfort Me With Apples

I read this book on our trip up and down Italy... I am head-over-heels for Ruth Reichl and I adored this novel! Comfort Me with Apples is a beautiful recount of Ruth's life just as she was breaking into the world of food writing, full of food tales, recipes, love, joy, tears... and more food. I looked forward to every train ride to steal a few more pages from this book. I am so glad that I will always have this story and our Italy trip intertwined in my memory. I actually got this paperback copy for $1 right before we left, but I had previously scored a hardback edition from a massive book sale for $3 and when I looked inside I found it to be an autographed copy! I have already passed along this lovely gem to my sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment