Monday, January 31, 2011

Going Home

Even though I have not lived there for over 10 years, I still refer to mom and dad's house as "going home"; it's the one place I feel truly comforted in my soul. The smells, sounds, everything is the same even though many things have changed since I last occupied a room there. It is now the place where our family congregates; where grandchildren make new youthful memories. It is a wonderful country home on the top of a hill, 40 minutes from the nearest town. Our ice cream would always melt on the way home from the grocery store and friends would "pack snacks" for the car ride out to our house. I used to dislike living so far away from everything; now I see it as a paradise, a quiet retreat where family can spend time together laughing, playing, riding motorcycles, swimming, cooking, and simply enjoying life.


cute little Rydin in his winter hat


sweet miss Ella having fun with her cousins


a beautiful sun disappearing behind the rolling coastal fog


Rydin acting like his papa on the tractor


Rydin feeding the animals with his gramma


Ella wanting to see her picture on the camera... too cute
{top picture: Diego being a loving big cousin and pushing Rydin all over on his little tractor}

No comments:

Post a Comment