Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Mexican victory over France day! Here is my ideal Cinco de Mayo menu: I would begin the day with a bowl of warm chilaquiles (although this recipe, seen above, looks UH-mazing too!); melty cheese, once-crispy tortilla chips that have since gone limp from soaked up juices, melt in your mouth chicken. I would be so stuffed from breakfast that I could forgo lunch, no problem. The evening would be welcomed in with this yummy Puelba Chicken and Potato Stew and Mango Margarita. The warm night would be cooled down with these Paletas de Mango con Chile (mango ice pops- a nod to my hubby who is OBSESSED with the chili mangos from Trader Joes…I’d soak the mango in tequila first, though!). Feliz Fiesta!

image and recipe via {Gourmet}

No comments:

Post a Comment