Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Falling Short and Things Learned

I am sure you have noticed I've been a bit MIA... the cleanse was quite the time-taker. "Was?" Yes :( I am proud to say I made it 1 week through the raw, gluten-free, vegan cleanse... then caved under the pressure of a lovely, delicious brunch with my sweetheart...!! I even packed my own food for a wedding on Saturday, can you believe it?! Even though I only made it 1/3 of the way here is what I have learned:


  • I feel good and am MUCH more aware of what I am eating and how I am filling my plate

  • I have been introduced to some cool new items such as coconut water, kombucha (more on that later) and have FINALLY added the beloved quinoa to my pantry

  • some great new recipes like Carrot Miso Dressing and Mexican Pilaf (really super yummy!)

  • the greatest thing of all: a growing understanding of the pros and cons that certain foods have on my body and how to eat for optimal health

I am still continuing with many of the Crazy Sexy Diet suggestions; still starting my morning with tea (Yerba Mate) and green juice until noon, loading my plate with fresh salads and veggies, and REALLY limiting the intake of sugar (helps with no coffee!). I am still really interested in implementing supplements and dry brushing into my routine... what are your experiences with these?


All in all, it was a great, challenging experience. This is not the last you have heard of the cleanse though... I plan on giving it another go after all the weddings, travels, parties, and celebrations for the summer have passed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment