Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pizza Party

Last weekend I attempted to make homemade pizza after craving a good, real Pizza Margherita and decided to use this recipe.

The dough was great, easy and came together well. I was gaining confidence...

I busted out my super cool (super new) pizza peel... a pro in the making.

My sauce turned out beautifully... this is a cinch.

Ready for the last layer of delicious mozzarella. I was beginning to feel like Mama Roma and about to take the pizza world by storm...

Everything went beautifully up until the last step... I knew I should have used cornmeal to keep the dough from sticking! Too late... totally stuck pizza, and now the fire alarm has started to sound, my cat is freaking out, but my sweetheart is faithful and continues taking pictures!

Ok, not the prettiest thing you've ever seen...

Add a few basil leaves to hide the malformations...

And voilĂ ! This pizza actually did taste pretty good, despite its appearance ;) After watching a few videos recommended by a friend, I made another pizza, this time using cornmeal to aide in the oven transfer and tossed the basil leaves with olive oil before adding them to the cooking process in the oven (as opposed to afterwards). Turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment